See full listing here
Creighton University's Doctoral Program in Interdisciplinary Leadership (the EdD Program) seeks a candidate from a field appropriate to an interdisciplinary program to join the program in a full-time tenure track position in July of 2017. Faculty members teach five (5) online doctoral level courses each year (one course per eight-week term) and also carry an advising load. The position is a 12-month position. There is an expectation of an active research agenda, excellence in teaching, as well as service to the program, the department, the graduate school, and the university. Review of applications will begin immediately and will end when the position is filled.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate these qualifications:
- A PhD or EdD in a discipline appropriate for an interdisciplinary program with a social science focus.
- Knowledge of, experience with, and a teaching record in social science research methods.
- Display a track record of, or evidence for the potential of, success in academic program leadership
- Display a track record of, or evidence for the potential of, success in graduate level teaching and advising.
- A credible trajectory in research, scholarship, and academic publication.
- Experience in directing or chairing masters' theses or doctoral level dissertations.
- Possess a willingness to obtain, or maintain, residency in the Omaha metropolitan area.
- Knowledge of or familiarity with the mission of Creighton University.
In addition, the following qualifications are desirable:
- Established research and teaching in leadership theories.
- Two to four years of experience in online teaching.
- Experience with teaching and/or in administrative leadership roles within education (Public or Private K-12 or Higher Education positions).
- Experience in public relations.