See full listing here
The Leadership & Interdisciplinary Studies faculty in the College of Integrative Sciences and Arts on the Tempe campus at Arizona State University invites applications for an Instructor with an anticipated start date of August 2017. Successful candidates will teach in one or more of the following three areas: Organizational Leadership, Interdisciplinary Studies, and/or Liberal Studies. Instructors teach five classes per semester, develop and refine curriculum, and participate in the intellectual life of a collaborative and intellectually diverse faculty. Course load is determined by the faculty head. Information about our faculty can be found at https://cisa.asu.edu/people/faculty/lis and degrees can be found at https://cisa.asu.edu/degrees.
The Instructor position is a fixed-term, benefits-eligible, academic-year appointment with no tenure implications. Renewal is contingent upon availability of funds, satisfactory performance, and the needs of the university. Salary is competitive commensurate with experience. Candidate must reside in Arizona, or be willing to relocate.
- Master’s degree, from an accredited institution in any field with an interdisciplinary and/or leadership focus, at time of appointment
- Evidence of two courses taught at the college or university level
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness
- Terminal degree from an accredited institution in any field with an interdisciplinary and/or leadership focus
- Two-years or more college or university teaching experience
- Experience teaching online (including experience with Blackboard or Canvas)
- Experience developing curriculum
- Experience working in collaborative environments
- Experience working with diverse student populations
- Specific teaching and/or relevant industry experience related to at least one of our degrees: Organizational Leadership, Interdisciplinary Studies, and/or Liberal Studies
The application deadline is 04/07/2017 at 5pm; and if not filled, then every Friday thereafter until the search is closed. A background check is required prior to employment. Official transcripts required prior to first day of employment. For technical assistance with your application contact firstname.lastname@example.org, for position-related questions contact Search Committee Chair Jennifer Chandler at Jennifer.L.Chandler@asu.edu.