See full listing here
The Laspa Center for Leadership’s mission is to develop and support future generations of women leaders, providing them with the necessary attributes, knowledge, and skills to succeed in the 21st Century.
This position will play an integral role in facilitating the vision for the Laspa Center and will help promote the leadership development necessary for the success of Scripps’ students. The Program Coordinator will provide support to students, faculty, staff, and alumnae to carry out student initiatives and programs. This position will oversee the Scholars in Action student program and all other student programming offered at the Laspa Center, including a variety of campus-wide leadership institutes. In addition, this position will provide all necessary administrative support.
- Work with student employees to develop the overall goal of the program, learning outcomes, and the most effective approach in implementing the learning objectives.
- Provide support to the certified leadership institutes offered on campus, including a campus-wide summer leadership institute; a social justice and leadership institute; and a health and wellness institute as well as an emerging leaders program.
- Recruit, hire, orientate, and supervise approximately 15 student employees.
- Coordinate logistics of events, convening, summits, and conferences; including making all necessary arrangements for visiting scholars and guest speakers.
- Provide all necessary support to the Steering Committee and Advisory Council as well as make student programming presentations at these meetings.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of community outreach through social media, editing a newsletter twice a year, updating the website, and acting as a liaison with the Office of Marketing and Communications on strategies for promoting Laspa.
- Coordinate office and Director’s calendar; coordinate database of potential speakers and volunteers.
- Manage all clerical and accounting duties related to the Center.
- Active support for the College’s Principles of Community and Principles of Diversity in the performance of job duties.