See full listing here.
The Director of Leadership Programs (DLP) serves in the primary educational development role for the Omicron Delta Kappa Society (O∆K) national headquarters and works closely with the HQ staff, circle officers, and student leaders to provide excellent training, development, and service to the more than 300 circles located on college campuses around the country.
The primary duties include development and implementation of broadly defined skill enhancement, professional development, and career advancement programs, grants and workshops for O∆K members. The DLP will strive to
1) strengthen the value of the O∆K experience for members by fulfilling the O∆K goal to help train the next generation of non-profit volunteer and professional leaders;
2) showcase the value of O∆K involvement by demonstrating the unique and meaningful impact O∆K has on its members; and,
3) sustain the value of the O∆K experience by supporting ethical leadership development, engagement of leaders from diverse backgrounds, and facilitating outreach to other collegiate and community leaders.
The Director of Leadership Program will have specific duties in the following areas: leadership program development, membership services, professional and career development programs, convention and workshop coordination, web and social media management, board and volunteer support functions, and other duties as assigned by the Associate Executive Director.
The Director of Leadership Programs is a full-time staff member based at the O∆K National Headquarters in Lexington, Va. The position reports to the Associate Executive Director for Business and Membership Services and serves on the Membership Services team.
This is a non-exempt position. Significant evening/weekend work and travel is required.
- Master’s degree in higher education administration, student affairs administration, non-profit leadership, or related field from an accredited college or university is required. A willingness to work and communicate effectively with diverse populations individually and as part of a team is required.
- Experience with non-profit organizations, student organization administration, and major event planning as highly desirable.
- Knowledge and ability to apply leadership theories, concepts and best practices to programs, curriculum instruction, and other activities is highly desired
- Ability to present leadership workshops and training sessions in multiple formats (e.g., in person, web-based and recorded).
The salary range for the O∆K Director of Leadership Development is $38,000 – $40,000 a year (commensurate based on education and experience) plus full benefits including life, dental, and health insurance and retirement contributions. Professional development opportunities are available as negotiated. Personnel at Omicron Delta Kappa’s national headquarters have free parking and access to recreation and library facilities at Washington and Lee University.
Submit a cover letter, resume or vitae and three references to Dr. Timothy A. Reed, Associate Executive Director for Business and Membership Services, via firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is open until filled. An August 1, 2017 start date is highly desirable.